Meet Dr. Shey Cunha
Welcome! We understand concerns about you or your child’s learning and development can be overwhelming when seeking help. You are not alone. Our practice is committed to helping learners of all ages reach their fullest learning potential in school and life. This includes preschool, school age, college students and those who are vocation bound. We offer psychoeducational evaluations, testing and therapeutic counseling services using the most accurate and comprehensive testing tools. These services can help determine what is impeding a person’s ability to learn or perform daily tasks. Understanding one’s development is essential in providing opportunities to enhance learning strategies, development and prepare for phases of growth.
Dr. Cunha is an experienced Exceptional Student Education (ESE) teacher, school psychologist, professor and disabilities coordinator. These professions have enhanced her expertise in working with the entire educational system. She has critical knowledge of psychological and academic assessments to support diverse learning needs.
- Learning Disabilities– Diagnostic testing for specific learning concerns. Dyslexia / Dysgraphia and other specific learning deficits.
- Gifted– Intelligence Quotient assessment assists in determining educational eligibility for Gifted programs.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)- Screening and complete evaluation options available using the ADOS-2, using the most accurate testing tools for diagnosis. Accurate testing can provide valuable recommendations for the need for ABA therapy for Autism and related disorders.
- Early Childhood / Developmental Evaluations- Comprehensive evaluation typically includes intelligence quotient, adaptive/daily living skills, behavioral/social skills, verbal and nonverbal communication skills, screening of motor skills, screening of academic/pre-academic skills, and play observation when appropriate. Will help to determine developmental delays.
- Vocational Evaluations- For students and employees with suspected disabilities in need of accommodations. This includes suspected learning disabilities or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- ADHD- attention / deficit hyperactivity disorder comprehensive assessment
Dr. Shey Cunha
FL Licensed School Psychologist SS1338
Nationally Certified School Psychologist